Burn These Words (Infinity)

Wednesday, June 24, 2015


Cy Twombly
Most couples, I think, seem to have their words.

You know, their nicknames of affection.

(Or maybe that's only when you fall in love too young. Too naive. In error?)

Dude and I had words.

Words that were just between him and I,
in the alone times, the quite times, the private times.
In the good times.

Pookie.

And, infinity.

These words made us giggle. They made us tear up.
They were salutations. And whispers.

Today, I find these combination of letters, the sideways 8, absolutely ridiculous and revolting.

I think it's time to do something dramatic with these words.

Like I don't know, burn them for all of their foolishness.

A word as silly as Pookie couldn't ever stand the test of time or withstand the struggles of good times and bad, richer, poorer, 'til death.

And Infinity needed a stronger love.  It needed trust. Respect. It needed strength.

I don't need Dude for endless love and happiness.

I don't need infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |