The High Road (Initiation is Brutal)

Monday, June 22, 2015

Martin Wehmer

"I promise you that someday, you will look back at this chain of events and chuckle - feeling proud you made it through by taking the high road. 

You are a beautiful, dynamic, classy woman who will win this race with elegance."

 ~ Sherri, Founding Member

*

Seven months in. The calendar a blur. 
Initiation into this club is exhausting, physically and mentally. 
My body aches with the stress and fatigue of worry.
Our kids, my bank account (current balance: $84), the house, the lawyer bills, 
the car, the lawyer bills again?

And anger. 
Dude, who so quickly ran away wants to live a simpler life. 
A bargain of a simpler life.
So I fight.
I cling to Sherri's words.
I run it off.
I hug our children.

Get some rest.
Keep going.

Oh, how I'm longing for the day when can I look back at this,
the day that I can look down at him,
from my perch on the high road.


~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Proudly designed by | MLEKOSHI PLAYGROUND |